Saturday, June 23, 2012

Graduated!!

Bismillahirrahmanirrahim...

Alhamdulillah! All praises belonged to Allah s.w.t. He has granted me the best gift I've received yet so far in my life, apart from the gift of Iman and Islam and my family, which is a degree with my name on it, with a title in front of my name. I am a doctor. A new, young and aspiring doctor. InshaAllah, a Muslimah doctor.

It has been 3 months since I heard my name being called by our great Dean during that unforgettable day.

I can still remember the coldness of my friends' hands as we hold each other tightly, almost gripping each fingers numb as we wait for the results to come out. For our names to be announced. My study group and I sat there in the auditorium, holding hands and reciting prayers in our hearts, calling out for our Creator for His mercy on that fateful day.

And when finally our Dean announced our names one by one, it was an indescribable moment with mixture of happiness, gratefulness and also sadness. Sad for the 14 of us, whom Allah still want to test them a little bit more, perhaps in my opinion to teach them a leeeetle bit more about patience, endurance and to let them be loved longer by our lecturers.

For my 14 post-date friends, don't worry you will soon be induced to deliver. Just maintain your stamina and keep on being positive and working hard. InshaAllah, you will be rewarded.

And for the rest of us, as my beloved mentor Prof Harlina put it, has been successfully delivered after 5 years of pregnancy in medical school and after each trimesters which were marked by three PPD camps; with a thriving Apgar score of 9 in 1 minute and 10 in 5 minutes with gladly to say; no complications. Alhamdulillah..!

And the journey of a young and aspiring Muslimah doctor begins here.. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment