Thursday, July 5, 2012

Pray until the day you die..

Bismillahirrahmanirrahim..

Today, I witnessed a very disturbing situation.. I came to work today at 6.30 am and I saw that all the lights in the cubicles were out, and all the patients are fast asleep. As usual, in the morning when we come for work we will do our morning reviews of all patients in the ward. Since I am tagging and still new I only review the stable patients in the open cubicles and in the room. What disturbs me today is that today I learned that a Muslim patient did not wake up for the morning prayers. How I know this was because I asked one of the patients that I saw whether he perform his prayer or not. He informed me that he did not because he has a urinary catheter inserted. I was shocked and puzzled at the same time. Shocked because if this patient did not pray because of the urinary catheter, I wonder how many prayers have he missed since he has been on the tube since the past few months.. Puzzled because from what I've learned it is permissible to pray while having a urinary catheter or stoma on. Allah has made this religion easy and practical. If we don't have water or can't use water for ablution, we can use dust to tayammum. It shows that no matter what, you must perform your prayers. That morning I spent a few minutes telling the patient that eventhough he's wearing a urinary catheter he could still perfom salah. I realised that this is my duty as a muslim. I could not bear to think how would I answer in front of Allah later if I just ignore this. I couldn't bear to imagine if this patient dies and I didn't take the oppurtunity to inform him.. I made a note to myself to look up and research regarding the issues of prayer among sick people. However, up until today I still haven't gotten around to it yet. InshaAllah I hope I could do it and share the information here a.s.a.p. If dear readers have any page to recommend, please do tell me. Jazakumullau khair!

No comments:

Post a Comment